Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Five questions with our friends at Fear the Fin

Five questions with our friends at Fear the Fin 13 Jan 2017 03:10 #2386

• barber
  • 0-0
Last time the Pens and Sharks faced off, we missed the chance to do this, but wee on it this time. Joining us to give us some scoop from the San Jose affiliate at SB Nation, Fear the Fin, is Jake Sundstrom. Jake is the managing editor over there, and does a great job at it. I gave him some Sharks-related question to give us some insight on, so here they are Mark Arcobello Jersey, with my responses to follow up. How does it feel to be the only team in recent memory to not storm back from a 3-1 deficit to win a title? …What was the experience like for you getting to watch your team in the Stanley Cup Final for the first time? Jake: It was honestly a lot of fun. For me, the entire experience felt like house money because I never expected the Sharks to win and I really enjoyed it Marcel Goc Jersey. Watching Joonas Donskoi score that overtime winner is a memory I'll cherish for a very long time. I feel like an asshole to be asking this question, in a way. But I think Jake knows that it not me rubbing it in, and generally asking. These Cup runs that we have seen as Penguins fans know what kind of memories they produce. pbjs.que.push How good of a job do you think Peter Deboer has done since taking over as coach of the Sharks? Let use a 1-10 scale? Jake: I'll give him a seven. He's been fine, hasn't screwed anything up too badly and while he has his blind spots I think he has done a very nice job of resting the veterans and letting the team just do its thing. Sometimes coaches can over-coach and I think he certainly does not do that. I like this answer. Sometimes a coach just needs to stay out of the way. What your favorite thing about Brent Burns? Jake: That's tough. I love his lust for life. The dude just loves being alive and playing hockey and being who he is and I respect the hell out of that. It's so cool to see someone so genuine out there on the ice when a lot of the time it feels like they're hyper competitive robot soldiers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.